Balint Group Leadership
Balint group leaders need knowledge about:
- psychological processes in individuals and groups
- clinical practice
- the Balint method
Training generally involves some or all of the following:
- substantial experience as a Balint group participant
- working with an experienced leader as co-leader
- attending leadership workshops
- training in psychoanalysis, psychodynamic psychotherapy or group psychotherapy
There is a formal Balint group leader accreditation program in Australia and New Zealand provided by the Society.
For further information or to enrol in the Leadership Accreditation Programme please contact Frank Meumann, chair of the Leadership Contact the Accreditation Committee.