Requirements for Leader Trainer Accreditation
- Entry into the Leader Trainer Pathway
The BSANZ has a limited capacity to train supervisors and Leader Trainers. From time to time, accredited Balint group leaders may be invited to join the Leader Trainer Accreditation Pathway by the BSANZ Accreditation Committee. The Accreditation Committee will make recommendations to the Board.
2. Balint leadership experience
To be considered for Leader Trainer Accreditation the following experience is required:
a). General leadership experience
i)A minimum of two years of Balint group experience after BSANZ Balint group leadership accreditation.
ii) A minimum of 20 hours of Balint group leadership, which includes leadership of at least one ongoing group.
iii) Leadership of Balint groups in a variety of settings
iv) Leadership of Balint groups with a variety of co-leaders
b). BSANZ Annual Residential Workshop leadership experience
Balint group leadership as a co-leader with an accredited Leader Trainer at two Annual Residential Workshops. One of these workshops may involve co-leading with an accredited Balint group leader under supervision from an accredited Leader Trainer.
Candidates will receive supervision with accredited Leader Trainers during their time on the Leader Trainer Accreditation Pathway.
It is expected there will be:
- Supervision of Balint group leadership and of supervisory activities.
- Leader Trainees may supervise those enrolled in the BSANZ Leadership Accreditation Pathway.
- Leader Trainees’ supervisor/s will submit reports of the candidate twice a year to the Accreditation Committee.
3. Documentation of training
The candidate for Leader Trainer Accreditation must submit a portfolio to the Chair of the BSANZ Accreditation Committee.
The portfolio will incorporate the following:
- An outline of the canditate’s experiences of aspects of the training
- May contain any documentation candidates wishes to include to support their case
- A reflective piece of writing about the experience during Balint group leadership and Leader Trainer training and the associated supervision process.
4. Granting of Leader Trainer accreditation
The Accreditation Committee on receipt of the reports and portfolio makes the decision on the candidate’s readiness for recommendation for Leader Trainer accreditation.
The Accreditation Committee recommends the candidate to the BSANZ board for Leader Trainer Accreditation.
Endorsed by the BSANZ board on 2 May 2017